Image of aerators courtesy of the authors of the course
BERTA HERRERO AYESTARÁN
ANTONIO AZNAR JIMÉNEZ
JUAN CARLOS CABANELAS VALCÁRCEL
Department of Chemical Engineering, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Area: Chemical Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Lecturing: 60 hours (theory)
Total recommended time to follow the course: 150 hours
PRERREQUISITES AND RECOMMENDED PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Basic engineering knowledge.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
Environmental impact. Treatment and management of industrial and urban wastwater. Reduction of pollution in industrial processes.
OBJECTIVES: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Provide an overview on the main environmental problems, the effect of pollution on environment and pollution sources.
- Describe the operating principles of the main treatment technologies for urban and industrial wastewater.
- Present a comprehensive list of advanced and low-cost treatments, considering advantages and disadvantages, versus intensive treatment systems.
- Outline alternatives and possible solutions to reduce pollution in industrial processes.
- Lecture notes in PDF files.
- Examples on industrial pollution reduction.
- Self-assessment material.
- A guided virtual tour to a wastewater treatment plant.
PRACTICAL ASSIGMENTS AND ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Self-assessment tests of each lecture file.
Last modified: Tuesday, 26 April 2022, 10:51 AM