Image of US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Service Engineering Laboratory
ANTONIO DE LA OLIVA
Department of Telematics Engineering, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Area: Service Engineering
Long Cycle Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
Lectures: 10 hours
Lab: 20 hours
PRERREQUISITES AND RECOMMENDED PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Basic networking knowledge and architectural knowledge on telecommunication networks and services such as GSM, UMTS.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
The aim of the Service Engineering Laboratory is to explore the concepts of network based services by carrying out practical laboratory work that allows deeper understanding of the requirements and best practices for network services. Students will
carry out practical work on protocols and service provision in wireless networks.
OBJECTIVES: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- The student will be able to design and configure for optimal performance wireless LANs based on the standards IEEE 802.11b/g
- The students will be able to develop attractive services for mobile devices using different technologies
- The student will be able to develop network services which will combine several technologies such as Android, Web mobile applications, MMS services, etc.
- The students will understand protocols to provide mobility support in IP networks
- Course slides
PRACTICAL ASSIGMENTS AND ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
- Lab practices, including support material and links to the required software
Last modified: Wednesday, 11 May 2022, 1:39 PM