CONCEPCIÓN CASCAJOSA VIRINO
13 weeks. 2 weekly hours of theoretical content, plus readings, screenings and practical works.
Total learning time: 80 hours.
The course “Television Studies” is devoted to the main theories and analytical approaches to television from a variety of socio-cultural, historical, industrial, programming and creative perspectives.
1. Ability to understand and assimilate television from an academic perspective.
2. Knowledge of the main theories and methodologies in the study of television.
3. Ability to apply various theories and methodologies to the production of television programs.
4. Understanding the social function exercised by television and its importance for the understanding of contemporary cultural change.
5. Ability to accomplish a medium-sized research in the field of Television Studies.
The teaching materials consist of Power Point Presentations, readings and links to archival materials.
PRACTICAL ASSIGMENTS AND ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Short essays about the contents.