Image courtesy of the authors of the course
Integrated Circuits and Microelectronics
LUIS ENTRENA ARRONTES
CELIA LOPEZ ONGIL
MARIO GARCÍA VALDERAS
ENRIQUE SAN MILLÁN HEREDIA
MARTA PORTELA GARCÍA
ALMUDENA LINDOSO MUÑOZ
Department of Electronic Technology, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Area: Electronic Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering
21 Hours of Lectures
21 Hours of Reduced Group Lectures
6 Hours of Laboratory Sessions
150 Hours of Total Learning Time (6 ECTS)
PRERREQUISITES AND RECOMMENDED PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Basic knowledge of Digital Electronics and Analog Electronics.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
Integrated Circuits and Microelectronics is an advanced course where the students will learn the current technologies used in integrated circuits, specially in digital systems. Some concepts will be studied in detail: manufacturing, packaging, modern solutions for improving the performance and reliability of this kind of circuits, a design methodology and the necessary tools to obtain competitive digital circuits. Some of these tools are hardware description languages, synthesis tools, design for testability, etc. that the students will learn in a practical and interactive way.
OBJECTIVES: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Learn the main processes in the manufacturing of integrated circuits.
- Study the design techniques at layout level for both analog and digital integrated circuits.
- Study design methodologies based on hardware description languages.
- Learn techniques for verification and test of integrated circuits.
The student will find available the following material:
- Theory: class slides with the theoretical content of the course.
- Exercises: solved problems and proposed problems for different units.
- Practices: practices manual with a work proposal so that the student can understand the necessary design tools.
- Proposed exams.
PRACTICAL ASSIGMENTS AND ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
- Laboratory exercises
- Final exam
Last modified: Friday, 17 December 2021, 10:29 AM